I love statistics especially when it comes to numbers. I read in USAToday 2012 will have 3 Friday the 13ths and they are 13 weeks apart. How cool is that? This phenomena will not occur again until 2040. If you suffer from Paraskevidekatriaphobia, it’s going to be a rough couple of months! The other two dates for Friday the 13th are in April and July.
Interestingly enough there are 13 full moons in a year (I assumed there were 12 and never really gave it much thought until now).
While we’re talking about numbers… Another number that keeps popping up, in the media especially, is the number 33. Some think it’s a secret code (i.e. spooks) or possibly a reference to the Free Masons. A quick search on Google news today resulted in the following stories:
- Maryland man sentenced to 33 months in prison for mortgage fraud scheme
- Infosys Profit Jumps 33%
- Florida traffic deaths hit 33-year low last year
- Two Killed, 33 Injured in Montana Bus Crash
- US Stocks Rise As Earnings Outweigh Europe; DJIA Gains 33
- 33 injured as demolition turns violent in San Juan
- Death toll in Brazil floods, landslide rises to 33
When you look and listen for it, you’ll start to notice the number 33 more and more in the media. Probably just a coincidence but something I find interesting nonetheless.