These go really well with Chicken-and-Sausage Gumbo. Easy to make and something for the kids to do!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped dill
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons heavy cream
1. Preheat the oven to 400°. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, whisk the 2 cups of flour with the dill, baking powder, salt and sugar. Add the cream and mix with a wooden spoon just until a dough forms.
2. On a lightly floured work surface, gently knead the biscuit dough just until it comes together and pat it into a 3/4-inch-thick disk. Using a floured 2 1/4-inch round cookie cutter, stamp out as many biscuits as possible. Combine the scraps and repeat to make more biscuits.
3. Transfer the biscuits to the prepared baking sheet and bake for about 22 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through, until lightly golden on top.
Serve hot or warm.