Roasted Chicken and Vegatables
You can’t go wrong with chicken. Fried, Grilled, Poached or Roasted , it all hits the spot! I love fixing a big Sunday Dinner and enjoying it with family and friends. One of my favorite chicken recipes is a simple roasted chicken dish.
Each part of the chicken cooks differently and has a different flavor. For my money I don’t think you can go wrong with legs and thighs. I know breast meat is “leaner” but it’s also lacking a lot of flavor, dries out easily and is over priced…
Give me a nicely roasted thigh any day! Be sure to brine the meat for even more flavor.
1 cup kosher salt
2 TB of Adobo Seasoning
2 TB of your favorite dried herb (I like Thyme)
2 TSP Onion Powder
2 TSP Garlic Powder
Chicken leg quarters (one per person) or individual legs/thighs.
2 medium Onions quartered
3 pounds Fingering Potatoes washed (or larger potatoes quartered)
8oz Mini-Bella mushrooms quartered
5 Carrots peeled/roughly chopped
2 Bell Peppers chopped & seeded
(Substitute any vegetable you prefer)
- Mix the brine well. Soak the chicken in the brine for 4-6 hours in a non metal container covered in the fridge.
- Pre-heat your oven to 400-degrees and prep the vegetables.
- Combine your vegetables with a little oil. Add salt/pepper to taste & set aside.
- On your stove heat a small amount of oil in a dutch oven or other heavy pot.
- Remove the chicken from the brine and pat dry with paper towels.
- Once the oil begins to smoke place the chicken in the pot skin side down. This will enhance the browning process of the chicken and add more flavor the roasting vegetables.
- Brown the chicken on both sides and remove to a plate.
- Add the mixed vegetables and place the browned chicken pieces on top.
- Please in the 400-degree oven (uncovered) for 35-40 minutes or until the chicken juices run clear.
- Let rest for 10 minutes and enjoy!