While visiting family over the holidays my sister introduced us to what I’m calling Ghetto Turtles (everyone else calls then Pretzel Turtles).
They are VERY good, easy to make (the kids can do these with some supervision) and, considering the quantity you can make for the price of the ingredients, quite a bargain!
The amounts below will yield 90-100 candies and cost about $12 Try getting that kind of a deal from Fanny Mae…
- 1 Bag small mini pretzels (the square waffle shapes work very well)
- 2 Bags Rolo candies (chocolate covered caramel)
- 1 Lbs pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
- Arrange the pretzels in a single layer on a foil/parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Place one chocolate covered caramel candy on each pretzel.
- Bake for 2-3 minutes.
- While the candy is warm, press a pecan half onto each candy covered pretzel.
- Cool completely before storing in an airtight container.