Roasted Turkey Breast with Maple & Bourbon Glaze
This is a family favorite that always has enough leftovers for sandwiches the next day.
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons bourbon
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 (4 to 5-pound) turkey breast
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Whisk together syrup, mustard, and bourbon in a small bowl and season with salt and lots of freshly ground black pepper. Set glaze aside.
- Rub entire turkey breast with butter and season with salt and pepper.
- Place in a small roasting pan and roast for 15 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to 350 degrees F and continue roasting until a thermometer inserted into the center registers 155 degrees F, about 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- During the last 15 minutes of roasting, brush the breast with the glaze.
- Remove from the oven, loosely tent with foil and let rest 10 minutes before slicing.